SEWING FOR TEENS
Make a T-shirt or Sweat Shirt
WHO IS THIS COURSE FOR?
This class is aimed at teens who already have sewing skills. You should have learned how to wind a bobbin, thread up a sewing machine and have made at least 1 non stretch garment before. We will give you a commercial pattern and you will bring a fabric of your choice and you will cut out and make the garment to take home with you.
If you don’t have these skills yet, you could take our Learn to Sew for Teenagers 1 Day Intensive class first.
WHAT WILL I LEARN?
The course includes:
- Knowledge of the different types of stretch fabrics
- How to assess the percentage of stretch of your fabric.
- How to lay and cut out the fabric and prepare for sewing.
- Which needles and thread, tension and machine stitches
- How to manage the fabric when sewing on a domestic sewing machine.
- Basic use of the domestic over locker
- Sewing seams
- Sewing and finishing necklines
- Sewing and finishing hems
You will then cut out and make a t shirt or a pair of leggings to take home with you.
HOW MUCH EXPERIENCE DO I ALREADY NEED?
This course is aimed at those with intermediate level sewing skills – ideally you would have taken our Learn to Sew course and have previously made at least 1 non stretch garment before.
WHAT DO I NEED TO BRING?
We provide the pattern and you will need to bring the fabric. For the T shirt bring Cotton Jersey, nothing too springy or stretchy. Long Sleeve 1.40m Short Sleeve 1.10m. For the Leggings bring 1m 30cm of Cotton Jersey which can be slightly thicker or more knitted than t-shirt. We will send you more fabric details and a list of fabric suppliers when you book.
New dates coming soon. If you need any assistance, please get in touch.