PROFESSIONAL PATTERN CUTTING
Professional Pattern Cutting for Trousers
Draft and Fit a Trouser Block, Pattern Manipulations and Style Development for Trousers
WHO IS THIS COURSE FOR?
This course is suitable for home dressmakers who wish to make or adapt patterns for themselves to achieve a perfect fit. It would also be ideal for those wishing to achieve professional level of pattern cutting skills to work in the industry or set up their own business. It’s also perfect for fashion students or graduates to add to their technical skills.
WHAT WILL I LEARN?
The course will include:
- Working from a set of measurements- either your own or a standard size – you will draft a Trouser block.
- Construct the block in calico and fit to body.
- Transfer adjustments to the block and trace onto card to create your own personal block.
- Pattern manipulations to create a variety of trouser styles.
- Flared, Tapered, Wide leg, Peg top, Hipsters
- Drafting a fly zip fastener
- Waistbands, Belt loops
- Turn ups
- Pattern Draft – Draft a pattern for a pair of Trousers to include a fly faster, a yoke, waistband, pockets. Include seam allowances, all pattern markings and instructions.
HOW MUCH EXPERIENCE DO I ALREADY NEED?
Ideally you should have completed our Stage 1 – Pattern Cutting For Skirts and Stage 2 – Pattern Cutting For Tops And Dresses or have had similar previous pattern cutting experience.
WHAT DO I NEED TO BRING?
You don’t need to bring anything as all materials and equipment are provided. If you would like to have and use your own equipment we can give you a voucher to receive a discount at certain retail outlets where you can purchase your own.
WHAT COURSE WOULD YOU RECOMMEND AFTER THIS ONE?
When you have completed this course you may want to take our Stage 6 – Pattern Cutting For Jackets course.
WHAT HAVE PEOPLE SAID ABOUT THIS COURSE?
“Personal tuition in a small group meant that these course covered a huge amount of ground without losing us on the way. The tuition was professional and friendly, with the tutors sharing practical, personal experience as well as instruction. Attendees ranged from amateurs wanting to learn to those wanting to make a business in fashion; the mix worked well. I will definitely take further courses from Fashion Antidote.”