PROFESSIONAL PATTERN CUTTING
4 Day Intensive Pattern Cutting for Shirts and Trousers
Draft and Fit a Trouser and a Shirt Block, Pattern Manipulations and Style development for Trousers and Shirts
WHO IS THIS COURSE FOR?
This course is suitable for home dressmakers who wish to make or adapt patterns for themselves to achieve a perfect fit. It would also be ideal for those wishing to achieve professional level of pattern cutting skills to work in the industry or set up their own business. It’s also perfect for fashion students or graduates to add to their technical skills.
WHAT WILL I LEARN?
In Stage 3 using either the Bodice block you created on the Stage 2 course or a Bodice block that we can provide, you will draft a Shirt Block from a set of instructions.
The course includes:
- Draft a Shirt Block
- Button wraps
- Creating pleats and tucks
- Drafting a 1 piece and a 2-piece collar
- Drafting a cuff and a placket opening
- Pattern Draft – Draft a simple shirt pattern to Include a button wrap, yoke, a collar and a cuff. Include seam allowances, all pattern markings and annotations
In Stage 4 Working from a set of measurements- either your own or a standard size – you will draft a Trouser Block.
The course will include:
- Construct the block in calico and fit to body.
- Transfer adjustments to the block and trace onto card to create your own personal block.
- Pattern manipulations to create a variety of trouser styles.
- Flared, Tapered, Wide leg, Peg top, Hipsters
- Drafting a fly zip fastener
- Waistbands, Belt loops
- Turn ups
- Pattern Draft -Draft a pattern for a pair of Trousers to include a fly faster, a yoke, waistband, pockets. Include seam allowances, all pattern markings and instructions.
HOW MUCH EXPERIENCE DO I ALREADY NEED?
Ideally you should have completed our Pattern Cutting Stage 1 The Skirt Block and Pattern Cutting Stage 2 The Bodice Block or have had similar previous pattern cutting experience.
WHAT DO I NEED TO BRING?
You don’t need to bring anything as all materials and equipment are provided. If you would like to have and use your own equipment we can give you a voucher to receive a discount at certain retail outlets where you can purchase your own.
WHAT COURSE WOULD YOU RECOMMEND AFTER THIS ONE?
When you have completed this course you may want to take our Stage 5 Pattern Cutting for Jackets course.
WHAT HAVE PEOPLE SAID ABOUT THIS COURSE?
“Opened a new door to creativity. I enjoyed this course immensely. It IS intensive – it covered a lot of ground in a week, but I feel that I now have the skills to be able to experiment confidently creating patterns from an idea, as well as altering those I already own. I look forward to attending further courses – Fashion Antidote is very friendly and personal. All very inspiring!”