PROFESSIONAL PATTERN CUTTING & PROFESSIONAL SEWING SKILLS
Pattern Cutting and Sewing Skills for Trousers
WHO IS THIS COURSE FOR?
This Intermediate level course combining Trouser Making and Pattern Cutting for Trousers. It’s aimed at those with a strong interest in trousers who wish to design, cut and make trousers either for themselves or for a fashion business startup.
WHAT WILL I LEARN?
You will be provided with a ready cut calico trouser and proceed to construct the trouser with the guidance of the tutor.
- Methods of production and order of construction
- Basic use of over-locker to finish seams.
- Pressing and finishing
The course includes:
- Sew leg and crotch seams
- Sew a fly zip fastener
- Create pleats
- Sew a jet pocket
- Sew hip pockets
- Make and attach a waistband with bound edge and belt loops.
- Make turn up hem
- Make a button hole and attach a button
PATTERN CUTTING FOR TROUSERS
The course includes:
- Working from a set of measurements- either your own or a standard size – you will draft a Trouser block.
- Construct the block in calico and fit to body.
- Transfer adjustments to the block and trace onto card to create your own personal block.
- Pattern manipulations to create a variety of trouser styles
- Flared, Tapered, Wide leg, Peg top, Hipsters
- Drafting a fly zip fastener
- Waistbands, Belt loops
- Pattern Draft – Draft a pattern for a pair of Trousers to include a fly faster, a yoke, waistband, pockets. Include seam allowances, all pattern markings and instructions.
HOW MUCH EXPERIENCE DO I ALREADY NEED?
This is an Intermediate level course. You need to have completed our Stage 1 Professional Sewing Skills course and Stage 1 – Pattern Cutting for Skirts course or have already learned to sew and have made at least 2 other garments and have had similar previous pattern cutting experience
WHAT DO I NEED TO BRING?
You don’t need to bring anything with you as all materials are provided.
WHAT COURSE WOULD YOU RECOMMEND AFTER THIS ONE?
When you have completed this course you may want to take our Sewing Skills and Pattern Cutting for Shirts or Jacket Making and Pattern Cutting for Jackets courses.
WHAT HAVE PEOPLE SAID ABOUT THIS COURSE?
“I thoroughly enjoyed both courses (Shirt and Trouser Making Professional Sewing Skills), I found them very useful and I learned a great deal in a short space of time. The teacher clearly had huge experience; her instruction was very good and appeared to be pitched at the right level for each student, each of whom was working at a different pace. I chose Fashion Antidote because I could not otherwise find short courses to fill the gaps in my knowledge, at a level of professionalism and cost I felt comfortable with.”