LEARN TO SEW
1 Day Intensive Learn to Sew Classes
WHO IS THIS COURSE FOR?
This course is aimed at absolute beginners who would like make simple clothes, cushions, bags, alterations etc and need to learn how to sew first in a short space of time.
WHAT WILL I LEARN?
• What to look for when you’re buying a sewing machine
• You’ll learn about the machine parts and the up keep of the machine,
• How to choose the correct needles and threads
• How to wind the bobbin, thread the machine correctly and adjust the tension.
• How to sew basic stitches, make an open seam, a closed seam
• How to finish raw edges
• How to sew edge stitch and top stitch
• How to sew curves and corners.
• How to make and attach a facing
• How to use fusing
• How to sew a simple dart
• How to insert a concealed zip
• How to make a turned hem and an invisible hem
• How to make a machined buttonhole.
By the end of the day you will have gained enough skills to make a simple garment on your own.
HOW MUCH EXPERIENCE DO I ALREADY NEED?
You don’t need any prior experience at all.
WHAT DO I NEED TO BRING?
You don’t need to bring anything with you as all materials are provided. You may bring your own sewing machine if you wish.
WHAT COURSE WOULD YOU RECOMMEND AFTER THIS ONE?
When you have completed this course you can progress onto one of our Home Dressmaking class such as Make a Simple Dress, Make a Simple Shirt, Make a Simple Trouser or attend our Alterations course or Fabric workshop.
WHAT PEOPLE HAVE SAID ABOUT THIS CLASS
“I attended your ‘1 day Intensive Learn to Sew’ class about a month ago and I just wanted to say thank you for such a fantastic introduction to sewing. I had NEVER touched a sewing machine before. The day course covered all the basics and imparted just the right amount of information without overwhelming. I went out and bought a basic sewing machine the week after the course and am now making home-made accessories from scratch, which are selling really well from my shop/workshop. I never imagined I could do so much after just one day of learning – I certainly couldn’t have done it without attending your course first! Thanks again!”
Sat07apr10:30 am4:00 pmFeaturedLEARN TO SEW - 1 Day Intensive Learn to Sew ClassesWEEKEND Time: 10:30-16:00 Start: Saturday, 7 April 2018 End: Saturday, 7 April 2018 Duration details: 5.5 hours, including breaks.
Sat21apr10:30 am4:00 pmLEARN TO SEW - 1 Day Intensive Learn to Sew ClassesWEEKEND Time: 10:30-16:00 Start: Saturday, 21 April 2018 End: Saturday, 21 April 2018 Duration details: 5.5 hours, including breaks.