LEARN TO SEW
How to Use a Sewing Machine
WHO IS THIS COURSE FOR?
This course is aimed at absolute beginners and those wanting to buy a sewing machine or those who already have a machine and want the confidence to start using it.
WHAT WILL I LEARN?
• What to look for when you’re buying a sewing machine.
• You’ll learn about the machine parts and the upkeep of the machine,
• How to choose the correct needles and threads
• How to wind the bobbin, thread the machine correctly and adjust the tension.
• How to sew basic stitches, make an open seam, a closed seam
• How to finish raw edges
• How to sew edge stitch and top stitch
• How to sew curves and corners.
HOW MUCH EXPERIENCE DO I ALREADY NEED?
You don’t need any prior experience at all.
WHAT DO I NEED TO BRING?
You don’t need to bring anything with you as all materials are provided. You may bring your own sewing machine if you wish.
WHAT COURSE WOULD YOU RECOMMEND AFTER THIS ONE?
All out learn to sew courses start with this 2.5 hour How to use a Sewing Machine course. There is an option to pay the balance and stay on for the longer course should you wish to continue.
Longer learn to sew courses include Learn to Sew 1 Day Intensive, Learn to Sew Evening Course or Learn to Sew 2 Day Weekend Course.