Using Adobe Illustrator for Fashion Design Stage 2 – The Tech Pack
WHO IS THIS COURSE FOR?
This course is ideal for those setting up a fashion business, wanting to put their fashion designs into production and needing to create a technical pack for garment manufacture.
WHAT WILL I LEARN?
The Techpack is usually prepared by the designer and is an essential tool for dealing with factories and going into production. Techpacks include all the specifications and instructions for the garments to be manufactured
By the end of this course, especially when combined with Stage 1, students will be able to create a full basic template at an entry industry level.
This course will cover:
- Why/what a technical pack is.
- Creating a template for the layout of a techpack – heading /composition
- The information that needs to be added to a technical pack – looking at stitch detail/trims, technical terms etc and considering how the garment will be constructed.
- Creating technical drawings for the details
- Creating a trim sheet.
HOW MUCH EXPERIENCE DO I ALREADY NEED?
Ideally students will have completed the Stage 1 of this course, or have similar existing skills. Very competent computer skills are essential for this course.
WHAT DO I NEED TO BRING?
Students are required to bring their own laptops along to the sessions, and we will require you to download the trail version of Adobe Illustrator prior to the courses. You will receive details of how to do this upon booking confirmation.
Using Illustrator for Fashion Design Classes
You will need to bring:
• USB stick for external saving
• Working copy of Illustrator, already installed onto your laptop
• Pen and paper for note making
Notes: For these classes all students need to have a working version of Illustrator already installed onto their laptops. Ideally, this will be CS4 or above. If you do not already have this software, we recommend downloading the free trial, as this will more than suffice for the course. To do so, please follow the below instructions:
• Visit this website – http://www.adobe.com/uk/products/illustrator.html
• Follow the onscreen instructions – you may need to sign up for an account with Adobe Creative Cloud.
– If you sign up for a Creative Cloud account, you may be asked some questions these are reasonably self-explanatory, but we recommend: When asked your skills, choose beginner, when asked what you are, choose student, and when asked about your usage, choose my own non-professional use.
• Fill in your details and sign up, and the download should start automatically.
• Then sign in to creative cloud, and click Try Adobe Illustrator.
• Illustrator should then download and be installed onto your computer ready to use.
Please Note: The course does not allow of time for students to download this software in class, so please ensure that you have already installed the software before you attend. If you have any problems with this please feel free to get in touch with us and we can assist you.
WHAT PEOPLE HAVE SAID ABOUT THIS COURSE
“I took this course today with Michelle. It was brilliant and Michelle is a fantastic tutor. Thank you – I picked up some great transferable skills.”