Using Adobe Illustrator for Fashion Design Stage 1
WHO IS THIS COURSE FOR?
This course is aimed at absolute beginners in using the computer programme Adobe Illustrator.
WHAT WILL I LEARN?
This course will cover how to use the basic core tools on illustrator, which are necessary for many different areas of design including women’s wear design, textile design, design accessory etc.
By the end of the course students will be able to draw up a garment on Illustrator, and be fully equipped to edit and personalise their designs.
This course includes:
- Orientation to illustrator – main menu bar and tools bar
- Using the Pen tool – Using the pen tool to create straight lines and curved lines
- Using the Scale tool – Using the scale tool to adjust sizes of objects
- Using the Text tool
- Using the Stokes – Adjust strokes
- Fills – Filling shapes with colour, pattern and gradient
- Shortcut/hot keys for actions
- Creating layers
- Drawing actual garments shapes
- Create a basic repeat pattern and re-addressing filling with a pattern
- Brushes – create a simple button brush
- Reflecting and duplicating objects
- Using average joining tool and grouping objects
HOW MUCH EXPERIENCE DO I ALREADY NEED?
Very competent computer skills are essential for this course.
WHAT DO I NEED TO BRING?
Students are required to bring their own laptops along to the sessions, and we will require you to download the trail version of Adobe Illustrator prior to the courses. You will receive details of how to do this upon booking confirmation.
WHAT COURSE WOULD YOU RECOMMEND AFTER THIS ONE?
For those wanting to put their garment designs into production we recommend our Using Illustrator for Fashion Design – Beginners Stage 2 -The Tech Pack.
WHAT PEOPLE HAVE SAID ABOUT THIS COURSE
“I took this course today with Michelle. It was brilliant and Michelle is a fantastic tutor. Thank you – I picked up some great transferable skills.”
13jan(jan 13)10:30 am14(jan 14)4:00 pmFeaturedFASHION DESIGN - Using Adobe Illustrator for Fashion Design Stage 1WEEKEND Time: 10:30 - 16:00 Start: Saturday, 13 January 2018 End: Sunday, 14 January 2018 Duration details: 2 days. Total duration: 11 hours, including breaks.