CLASSES FOR TEENAGERS
Learn to Sew for Teens
Whether you’re an absolute beginner or already have some sewing experience you will learn lots of sewing techniques and you will learn a lot in a short space of time You will gain the skills to be able to go on and start making simple clothes, cushions, bags, etc.
The course covers:
- How to choose the correct needles and threads
- How to wind the bobbin, thread the machine correctly and adjust the tension.
- How to sew basic stitches, make an open seam, a closed seam
- How to finish raw edges
- How to sew edge stitch and top stitch
- How to sew curves and corners.
- How to make and attach a facing
- How to use fusing
- How to sew a simple dart
- How to insert a concealed zip – you will make a small zippered purse to practice.
- How to make a turned hem
- How to make a machined buttonhole.
By the end of the day you will have gained enough skills to make a simple garment on your own.