CLASSES FOR TEENAGERS
Learn to Sew for Teens
Whether you’re an absolute beginner or already have some sewing experience you will learn lots of sewing techniques and you will learn a lot in a short space of time You will gain the skills to be able to go on and start making simple clothes, cushions, bags, etc.
The course covers:
- How to choose the correct needles and threads
- How to wind the bobbin, thread the machine correctly and adjust the tension.
- How to sew basic stitches, make an open seam, a closed seam
- How to finish raw edges
- How to sew edge stitch and top stitch
- How to sew curves and corners.
- How to make and attach a facing
- How to use fusing
- How to sew a simple dart
- How to insert a concealed zip – you will make a small zippered purse to practice.
- How to make a turned hem
- How to make a machined buttonhole.
By the end of the day you will have gained enough skills to make a simple garment on your own.
SEWING FOR TEENS
Learn to Sew and Make a Tote Bag for Teens
This workshop is aimed at absolute beginners. We start with winding the bobbin and threading the machine, you’ll then produce samples of stitches, make an open seam and a closed seam, learn how to finish raw edges You will then construct a tote bag that you can take home with you.
We provide the pattern for you, and you can bring a fabric of your choice. Plains or prints work well or a mix of both.
90cm fabric for the bag – Suitable fabrics, medium weight cotton, denim, canvas – nothing too light weight or stretchy.
35cm fabric for the lining – light weight cotton fabric is best.