CLASSES FOR TEENAGERS
Learn to Sew for Teens – 1 day
Tutor: Lisbeth Lovbak Berg
This sewing class covers all you need to know to get started making simple clothes, cushions, bags, etc. Its covers how to use a sewing machine and a wide range of sewing skills. You will make lots of sewing samples as well as a zippered purse.
The course covers:
- How to choose the correct needles and threads
- How to wind the bobbin, thread the machine correctly and adjust the tension.
- How to sew basic stitches, make an open seam, a closed seam
- How to finish raw edges
- How to sew curves and corners.
- How to make and attach a facing
- How to use fusing
- How to sew a simple dart
- How to insert a concealed zip – you will make a small zippered purse to practice.
- How to make a turned hem
- How to make a machined buttonhole.